3.22.2006

i was told that my "up.date" was no longer up to date. i could say that i've been busy with various volunteer activities, packing, socializing, and church functions like melissa, but the truth is... i'm not busy, just boring.

we have started new members classes at church and so far (after our first class) it's interesting. i thought it was going to be painfully dull but i might've been wrong. there are seven of us in the class (norm and i being two) and four are/were from catholic backgrounds. like not just the type of catholics who say they're catholic but then don't know why they do what they do, but really spiritual and intelligent catholics. so i'm stoked because i have a lot of questions and i think it'll be really interesting to be in the class with them. plus, now i've met 5 other people at church (which brings the total number of people that i know to a whoppin 10 or so).

we've also started working more diligently on the upstairs. no, it's not done so don't ask! but we do have insulation in, and the closet/bathroom framed. i know it doesn't sound like much but...it's a lot for us ok! next is electrical wiring, plumbing, and then drywall! i can't wait to paint! so once it's all done, we'll have an extra room for guests, so come one, come all! well, maybe not all.

i'm also (supposed to be) working on that photography course i'm taking. i sent in my first assignments and am waiting til i see how i did on them before tackling the next assignment. i wanna make sure i'm on the right track.

anyhooo...

oh, in other exciting news, i just randomly booked an appointment for myself...to get a perm. is that retarded? i keep going back and forth...it could be a horrible idea but then again, it's only hair- what's the worst that could happen? please advise.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe you have to get a perm... your hair used to be naturally curly!! Did you kill it when you cut it short? I'm trying to outgrow my perm still, just to see what straight is like again, but I do love the perm type hair, because it's pretty easy to make it look "nice". Unlike my current straight/wavy weirdness... which is actually kinda frizzy because I'm still growing out the perm... so it's really just annoying... anyway... just do it!

Xeryl said...

everytime I hear/read the word perm, I have to laugh because it makes me think of the 80s...and then I think headbands and legwarmers, and then it's even funnier! I'm glad you're meeting people at church! And maybe I'll stay with you when I have to recruit at Redeemer next year!

Melissa said...

Cheryl wants to know if you get a perm will your baby's hair be curly?

Xeryl said...

That was totally Melissa! If I had wanted to know that, I would have asked myself. As if she's trying to pawn this off on me!

j said...

yeah...my hair is actually less curly when it's shorter, not that it makes any sense. like two strands in front are curly but the rest just has some sort of wacko wave to it. i'm afraid of the frizzy first day of perm tho...i'm just scared... how long does it take to calm down?

Melissa said...

oh, it's not bad at all!

Xeryl said...

I think people who have hair that sticks up everywhere are cool. For serious! You should come visit us, and I'll take you to see Steven at my hair cutting place, and he'll tell you what you need to do!!! he's amazing!!!

Melissa said...

Cheryl is in love again... She's just a lover!

Naomi said...

Girl, everyone gets perms here. It's really cool and Asian to get a perm. DO it!