10.11.2006

ugga wugga wig wog

so my dumb computer decided to be dumb and my dumb usb ports (all of them) seem to not want to work. so here's a list of dumb things that use the dumb usb ports:
-printer/scanner/copier
-camera #1
-camera #2
-memory stick
-mouse (thankfully i have a converter thingy to put it in another hole)

this problem showed itself awhile ago now, but i've just wiped/reloaded my whole computer hoping it would reset itself. no such luck. and the professional opinion is that it's too costly and time consuming to diagnose where the problem lies so it's recommended i just get a new computer. a new computer! this one is less than 2 years old! just old enough to be off the warranty- figures.

so now all my settings, documents, music, pictures(lots), etc have to be reset and copied back over AND my dumb usb ports STILL don't work. so maybe that's not a big deal...but i need my scanner and printer! i have projects to do! ergh.

1 comment: