8.19.2006

how embarrassing...

i got a speeding ticket yesterday on my way home from work. who knew that the city limit was 50? not me. i just drive. the dude walked into traffic to pull me over. oops. he showed me the radar gun and apparently i was going 73 (which he knocked down to 65 so i wouldn't get points). my response: nothing. caught lead-footed, guilty as charged.

thus i received my first canadian speeding ticket. (second ticket ever, but the first was in ohio: i was clocked at 87 (MPH!!!) in my tempo which was an utter impossibility...those of you who'd ever ridden in it know the truth).

i knew that the hubby would appreciate the hilarity of my ticket situtation. and he did. he laughed and said, "see, you're not so perfect!" and laughed some more. as if there was ever any doubt.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

oh man... I am still "perfect"... but there are days it's close. Remember when we got pulled over while you were driving my Honda in the states... and then the guy was nice to you and let you off cause he thought you were Canadian... hahaha.

j said...

yeah, "the state speed limit is 65!" oops. but you were going like 85 too!

Melissa said...

perhaps, but I didn't get pulled over... :D