6.27.2007

wiikends and so on...

phewf, it's hot!

two weekends ago my sister came up and we made jam. lots of jam. and it's yummy. she mentioned that she watched pride & prejudice (the new one) and is now reading the book so i (so kindly) got her started on the colin firth version straightaway.

last weekend my mom came up and we had a (not so lucrative) yardsale in my front yard. we still have lots of junk left. we rented three girly movies (dream girls- entertaining enough, because i said so- painfully annoying and not all that funny, and the queen- seemed more like a tv special but made me want to learn more about her). we've also been taking advantage, er, i mean, have graciously sacrificed our time to thoroughly check on the hamiltons' pool while they are away (florida again). after mom left, n & i thought we'd better give the hamiltons' new wii some attention too. let me tell you, i now have baseball, bowling, and tennis elbow. so sad.

and in lieu of paying me mucho cashola for photographing their wedding next may, joe & diana have secured my services through gifts... of photo gear! within the last couple weeks i've become the proud new owner of a tripod, flash, photoshop (elements), AND a new lens!!! lots of new toys to play with! they even gave me their wedding rings to photograph for their invites/program etc.

in other news, rebecca (friend since third grade!) is having a baby in august! and her little sister is due 6 weeks later! i've added their baby blog to the list at the right.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

oh p&p... how I love thee. :D

Too bad about the garage sale... I always have such high hopes for them. My favourite part of the ones we used to have at home was getting donuts! :D I love donuts.