1.02.2007

you know you're sick when...

  1. you skip the cheap-o tissues and go for the uber expensive puffs plus (with lotion!)
  2. you spend most of new year's eve at your own party waiting for the stinkin ball to drop so you can go to bed. (i really did have fun tho, sorry for being a such party pooper guys!)
  3. your best bud comes (all the way from vancouver!) to spend FOUR days with you and you spend two of those days in bed, make her clean your house and walk your dog, and miss part of the long-awaited p&p marathon.
  4. your eyes are watering so profusely that when you blink, you spray your glasses. (true story people)
  5. your saliva is tainted pink from all the halls you've been sucking down like air.
  6. your breath has the enticing aroma of menthol. (see #5)
  7. your dog thinks he's in heaven because you leave a trail of tissues and halls wrappers wherever you go (they're his favorite snack- i swear, halls are like puppy crack!)
  8. left over party foods (read: a gazillion cheeseballs, 5 gallons of spinach dip, and pina colada-drop-you-on-the-floor-with-one-sip buckets) don't pique your appetite.
  9. your hubby comes home at 10 o'clock at night with broccoli cheese soup because that's the only thing that appeals to you.
  10. you go to bed with penaten diaper rash cream on your nose.

and on that note, i'm off to get the penaten and drag myself into bed. oh yeah, happy new year to one and all!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

get better soon... you sound gross. :D

Xeryl said...

i feel your pain...literally.

j said...

it's melissa, she's the disease herself:D altho she swears you were sick BEFORE she got back...

Melissa said...

hey now... today Jennifer didn't make it into work... that does leave lots of questions as to the origin of her disease... (actually it was because of the weather, but still... everywhere I go...)

j said...

you're like the plague!

Xeryl said...

dear Jamie,

I'm not really sure how I got the picture to be on my blog. i think next time we're both online, or you call and I'm home, I'll try to talk you through it. It was a lot of trial and error tinkering in my html template (not just playing with what they have set up for you). So hope I'll be able to help you, but who knows...

Melissa said...

dear Jamie,

please blog more.

your friend,

Melissa.

p.s. if you want to talk template stuff with cheryl please call when I'm not home so I don't get jealous that you're talking with her more than me. :D

Xeryl said...

Someone needs to get over her possessiveness issues. I barely ever talk to Jamie. This someone also needs to stop commenting on Jamie's blog and WRITE HER PAPERS!!!!!

Melissa said...

Someone needs to get over her controlling issues. :D This is someone who is trying to write her papers but is being forced to comment by a certain person who keeps threatening her with nasty situations. :D

Xeryl said...

Forced nothing! I can't believe how many fronts I'm fighting this battle on! Enough. i'm going to sleep. Just don't come crying to me when you have to pull an all nighter tomorrow night.

jamie, I love you very much. Can't wait to talk.

j said...

ladies, ladies! there's no need to fight.