7.04.2006

the only fireworks i've seen this year have been on tv...

don't ask me how i feel about that.

i just watched the end of the macy's fireworks show (who knew this was an annual thing?) and it made me feel... far away. i couldn't feel the fireworks booming in my chest, i couldn't see the entire mass of the show, and i couldn't hear the ooh's and aah's of the crowd. all i got was what the cameras could capture and i know i missed out.

i know i'm not the most patriotic american out there, but still...

3 comments:

j said...

nope.

Melissa said...

Me either. I didn't think there were any because I couldn't find the information online but then my friend Natasha called at almost 10 telling me they were happening. Unfortunately at that point it was really too late to go and thus I heard the booms, but saw nothing.

j said...

yeah, apparently there were some in hamilton but we could find info either. and "we" didn't want to battle crowds/traffic at the falls...