6.05.2006

psalm 27:14

"wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

i've always sorta felt like this was the"theme" verse of my life... always waiting. but yesterday i had a mini moment of clarity if you will. i've been reading this verse all wrong! i've been reading it as if it said, "wait, be strong and take heart and wait." and i've waited, and waited, and waited... but for what? certainly not for the LORD! i've been waiting for things, circumstances, diplomas, jobs, houses, husbands (just one!)... and on and on and on. how many times have i whined about this!? it's embarassing! i need to wait for the Lord. so anybody know how to do that?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

To me, the idea of waiting for the Lord doesn't necessarily mean waiting for him to act. I feel like waiting for God is going into His presence, quietly, pensively, and just desiring that He speak with me. It is in those precious moments that I feel a sense of calm. Then I am able wait, not "on" Him, but "with" Him because I have been empowered with the knowledge that His steady hand holds me. I'm not saying that I'm perfect... I still struggle with the waiting sometimes. But when I am waiting with Him I forget what I am "lacking" (be it a husband, a house, my Ontario friends) and am content, regardless of my circumstances, because I am looking only to Him. His glory is overwhelming, His plans (and timing) are perfect, His love is abundant and I am fully satiated when I let Him fill me.

That went longer than I meant, but I've been thinking about it a lot, trying to figure out how I wanted to respond.